Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Horseshoe Lake


My best guess is Lily is shepard and boxer. Did I mention she is super cute? Yesterday at Horseshoe Lake (I love my town, just a hop and a skip down the road and there's Upper Bidwell Park, wild and open and the entire west side is dog friendly) we found a deep pocket and she was quite entertaining swimming back and fourth fetching a stick. Such a happy girl (ok, happy girls). There was only a couple of people fishing so we had the far doggie side to ourselves. She would have loved to play with another pooch (she likes other dogs!), but it was nearing dusk so it was just she and I at the water's edge. The Maidu trail runs past the lake and so far she is not interested in the bicyclists or runners, unless they have a "playmate". I do keep a close eye on her to make sure she has nice manners and doesn't pester anyone with her puppy-ness. Everyone we have encountered have been very friendly, which is typical of Chico. We are all out just enjoying being out. She is very curious of the geese and ducks and everyday we see the momma with her two darling ducklings circling the tall reed island. There's always other birds including hawks above to watch. Thankfully, Lily has the short coat of a boxer and is easy to clean and dry after her romp. I say I am taking my dog to the lake to work off pent up energy and get some exercise...but actually she is taking me. :)

1 comment:

Journey of the Allymar said...

Hey Marty--great blog.I'll read it little by little as I get on line. When do you ever have time to write it? Aren't dogs the greatest? I'm always in a good mood when I'm with my dog, or was.
I'm going to check out the cluster map thing. I hope I can find it. I can't wait to see you in September, and those boyz too.
Love,Harp
PS How is Mary?